Sunday, March 23, 2008

Six degree could destroy the EARTH

Yesterday I was watching that show in Discovery Channel. Although I only watched the second half which is what would happen if our planet average temperature increased 2 - 6 degree. The first half I should be able to know what would they say since I watched Al Gore's movie 'An Inconvenient Truth' and I am quite aware and concern about it all the time.

In the show, the warming effect can't be changed once it's over 2 degree celcius. It will continue to climb as long as human is still exist. Imagine when all the glacier had gone and Antarctic's ice shelf melted. Millions of people will be drowned and billions of people will be starving to death when there's NO water.

For me, I'm always tried to keep up with environmental news and updates. Besides that I was always trying to influence people to concern about the global warming like burning DVDs for 'An Inconvenient Truth' and share with my friends. Their response were poor, most of them said the movie was too boring even when I tell them about the movie about, they already start SLEEPING.

Many action had taken to control the average temperature to keep under 2 degrees. But I don't see any further action was taken in Malaysia. Deforesting happens everyday, open burning, polluted rivers.

When I see these things happen, I feel sad and angry because the government and the people were not concerning. I wish I have Ueki's skill to turn rubbish into trees.

What should I do?

No comments: